Vous trouverez ci-dessous l’appel à contributions pour la conférence « Identity in discourse. Identity. Diversity. Borders » qui se déroulera à Athènes en septembre 2016. D’autres informations sont disponibles sur le site: http://europeindiscourse.eu.
The conference is a unique opportunity to bring together different perspectives and methodologies involved in shaping the complexities and contradictions of current European identity discourses. A fundamental methodological pluralism is considered a key condition for addressing these complexities and contradictions at a time of crisis.
The conference aims to bring together researchers interested in analyzing European identities in various discourses. Researchers from many different disciplines will investigate historical, geopolitical, geo-cultural, geo-economic and social perspectives on Europe. The conference also invites contributions that explore the role of diversity and borders in forging and re-shaping European identities.
Scholars are invited to submit papers that draw on discourse theories, linguistic or textual analysis to investigate topics that include:
- Historical, geo-cultural, geo-economic and geopolitical aspects of European identities
- Europe: super-diverse and globalized
- Images of crisis and recovery in Europe
- Conceptual blending, discourse and metaphors about Europe
- Translation and linguistic (in)equality in Europe
- Refugees and asylum seekers in EU discourses
- European diversity through religion and culture
- Discourses on the European economic crisis
- Discursive constructions of borders
- Political discourse in the European Union
- Media constructions of European identities
- Ethnographic approaches to European identity-making
- Construction of European narratives
- Extreme right populist discourses in EU
- Discourses of integration/assimilation in the EU
Caryatides sur l’Acropole (GNU Free Documentation License)